4 season tires, known as all season in English, have become the ideal alternative for many drivers. Do you want to know what is special about these tires? As its name indicates, these types of wheels allow your vehicle to circulate throughout the year, regardless of whether it is winter or summer. It is a very versatile and comfortable option, perfect for saving time and space without putting your safety at risk. But when is it better to opt for these tires and not for the classics? Are there any disadvantages to consider?
Pay attention, because in the following article we will discover everything you should know about 4-season tires: characteristics, advantages and disadvantages so that you can choose the best brand for you. Also, to find the best tires for your car at the best price, we recommend you take a look at the recommendations of the experts at Pneus Online, where they have all the brands at a reduced price.
Characteristics of 4-season tires
As you well know, the classic tires that we are used to have one design or another depending on whether they are made to circulate in summer or winter.
On the other hand, 4-season tires, being prepared to adapt to different climates, have a mixture of elements from both types of wheels to be able to circulate throughout the year without having to be changed. To ensure that these wheels are completely reliable, you will have to make sure that they are approved as 3PMSF (symbol that ensures satisfactory traction on snowy roads) and with the M+S marking (which ensures correct grip in mud and snow).
These wheels have turned out to be an ideal product to adjust to the demands of each pavement and provide safety in different climatic conditions, but are there risks or disadvantages? Next, we reveal it to you.
Advantages of 4-season tires
We have already been able to deduce some of the great advantages of this type of tire, but so that you have no doubts and can choose the best wheels for your vehicle, we will explain them in detail:
- Practicality: perhaps the clearest advantage of 4-season tires is that they are much more practical than classic tires, since with a single purchase a user can drive comfortably throughout the year.
- Space saving: since they can be used all year round, 4-season tires avoid having to store winter wheels during the summer and summer wheels during the winter, which inevitably results in space savings.
- Money savings: with 4-season tires, the user also avoids buying different types of wheels throughout the year depending on the weather, which saves money.
- Alternative to chains: 4-season tires with the three-peak mountain marking and a snowflake inside indicate that they are suitable for winter conditions, which, in many situations, can be a good alternative to chains.
Disadvantages of 4-season tires
Now that you know in detail the advantages of 4-season tires, the time has come to talk about the disadvantages, points to consider before opting for these tires:
- They wear out faster: although this disadvantage will depend on the use that each driver gives them (as well as maintenance), it is important to bear in mind that these tires are less resistant than those specific for summer or winter, so it is possible that they wear out before.
- They are not good for extreme conditions: be careful, because 4-season tires are adapted to different climates, it does not mean that they are prepared for extreme cases. The traction and braking of these wheels are very satisfactory and can be good for places with moderate winters, however, in countries colder than Spain or in provinces where winters are very cold, these tires will never provide the same safety as specific ones. to circulate in winter and in very low temperatures.
When to buy 4 season tires?
We have already seen the points in favor and the points against these tires, so we can only conclude when it is better to opt for them and when it is preferable to bet on other more specific wheels.
As we have already seen, these wheels are very versatile and are a great intermediate option between summer and winter tires, so if you live in a place with moderate or occasionally cold winters, you can benefit a lot from these tires. However, if you live in places with very cold winters, we recommend you always bet on specific winter tires that allow you to drive safely, since the latter will always be more prepared.