If you are a Colombian national and want to exchange your driving license in Spain, you can do so without any problem, as long as you have not issued it in your country of origin once you already have your authorized residence in Spain. And it is that with a few simple steps, the exchange can be done in a short time and thus be able to drive without problems on the roads of our country.
Steps to follow:
Before starting any procedure to exchange your Colombian driving license in our country, you must have a valid identity document in Spain and be registered as a resident in this country. Once you have your documentation in order, you can start with the management of the exchange of your card.
With your valid identity document in this country, you can now request an appointment through the General Directorate of Traffic website or by calling 060. There they will give you a time to go to one of the offices in the city where you live. to start the process of exchanging your driving license.
With the previous appointment we will only ensure the initiation of the procedure but it will be Colombia who, finally, confirms the validity of your card in your own country to be able to exchange it in Spain.
On the day of the appointment that you have previously requested online or by phone, you will have to provide the necessary documentation to process your procedure:
- The application for the exchange of the driving license, which you can print from the DGT website or request it at the offices themselves.
- Pay the fee required for this type of procedure.
- Valid original identity document.
- A residence permit in Spain.
- Psychophysical aptitude report that you can obtain at a recognition center for drivers, located mostly near the DGT office in your city.
- Original valid driver’s license and photocopy.
- A current original color photograph of 32×26 mm that you can take in a photo booth or professional photographer.
- The photo voucher well completed and signed in its corresponding box.
In the event that another person goes for you to exchange your Colombian driver’s license, they must bring their identification document and your authorization to start the process, although you cannot approach them to do it.
According to the agreement that Spain has signed with different countries, including Colombia, professional driving licenses can be exchanged as long as additional tests are carried out that will depend on Colombia in this case.
You must also provide proof of having been working for at least six months in Spain as a professional driver with the relevant documents on your contribution to Social Security.
The exchange of the Colombian driving license to Spanish will not be obtained if the person who wants to request it has a history of serious or very serious infractions as a driver.