If we do not choose the right tires, our car will not respond well, so driving problems may occur. It is for this reason that it is very important to know what type of car we have and what types of wheels are best for it. To do this, it is advisable to ask our mechanic for advice and follow the instructions specified in the vehicle manual.
In the case of four-wheel drive cars, known as 4×4, there is a wide variety of tires created for them. To find the best, we will have to keep in mind that there are several types of 4×4 cars: family, SUV and off-road or off-road. From being clear about which one is ours, we will be able to know which is the most suitable type of wheel. At we want to make your task easier and, in this article, we tell you which are the best tires for 4×4.
The perfect tires for 4×4 off-road or off-road
Off – road or off-road cars are the most demanding type of 4×4 with tires, since these cars are designed to travel through difficult terrain and under extreme conditions. The wheels that accompany them must meet a series of requirements for driving to be safe and effective in these areas:
- Have wide rubber studs.
- That the structure and the flank are well reinforced.
- Depth of sculpture or tread pattern between 13mm and 17mm.
- The more drawings or ribs you have on the sculpture or tread, the better, as the more water, mud, or other materials you can pump up by pressing down on the ground.
- Ideally, the chosen brand should provide extreme off-road performance options, to be as adaptable as possible.
Currently, one of the best tires for 4×4 off-road or off-road cars is the Discoverer S/T MAXX POR, which is the result of improvements made to the Discoverer S/T MAXX model. The new tread compound stands out, making it more resistant and adaptable. This tire from Cooper Tire allows us to traverse extremely tough and arduous terrain, whether in extreme cold or hot conditions. Thus, if you have this type of car and your tires are old and you have to change them soon, we recommend that you try them.
The most suitable tires for a 4×4 of the SUV type
Vehicles of the SUV type (Sport Utility Vehicle) are an intermediate point between SUVs and family cars. These cars also need to have some minimum requirements for their wheels, since neither inferior ones nor ones with too superior performance will be indicated for good driving. It is necessary that in this case the wheels meet the following:
- The flanks and the structure must be reinforced.
- A sculpture that is very cut out and has a sharp design.
- Being for combined use, they have to be efficient wheels both on asphalt and on more complicated terrain.
Family 4×4 tires
Finally, family-type 4x4s, although they are less demanding, the tires must also meet the requirements to comply with minimum safety and performance:
- They must be of an ultra-precise model on the straights and curves.
- The design of the structure and the sculpture must be designed for use both in cities and on highways, that is, firm ground but which can present irregularities, adaptable to dry and wet ground and able to withstand a wide range of temperatures.